Abstrak RSS

PROGRAM ANGGOTA, PARTISIPASI ANGGOTA, DAN KETERKAITAN USAHA ANGGOTA DENGAN USAHA KOPERASI TERHADAP INOVASI BISNIS ANGGOTA UNTUK MENINGKATKAN KINERJA ANGGOTA KOPERASI PETERNAK DI JAWA BARAT

PROGRAM ANGGOTA, PARTISIPASI ANGGOTA, DAN KETERKAITAN USAHA ANGGOTA DENGAN USAHA KOPERASI TERHADAP INOVASI BISNIS ANGGOTA UNTUK MENINGKATKAN KINERJA ANGGOTA KOPERASI PETERNAK DI JAWA BARAT
Sri Djatnika Sya`diah A
Unpad
Inggris
Unpad
, , ,

ABSTRACT
This research was conducted over the researcher’s concern due to the
phenomena of a high number of inactive Indonesian Cooperatives’ (around 20%), and
hence have been dissolved by the Government, due to non-compliance in holding their
yearly Annual Member Meeting (Government Regulation No. 17/1994 regarding
Dissolution of Cooperative by Government). The Cooperatives performance as a whole
naturally cannot be distinguished from the performance of it’s members, which drives
the overall performance of the cooperatives. The low participation and performance
of the cooperative members, accumulates into the inactivity and lack of performance
of the cooperative, reflected in the inability of the cooperative to conduct their yearly
Annual Member Meeting.
The researcher intends to analyze the factors that are deemed influencing
member’s performance of dairy farmers cooperative, as proprietors of dairy producing
businesses that has a strategic influence on the cumulative achievements of
Cooperatives performance, such as: member’s programs, member’s participation,
member’s to Cooperative’s business linkages, member’s business innovation and
cooperative member’s performance.
Data was collected by way of questionnaires distributed to farmers of active
Dairy Farmers’ Cooperatives in West Java province. This data was then analyzed
using descriptive quantitative technique with proportional random sampling. By way
of Descriptive data processing, the average value (mean) and the line continuum
method was used, while for verificative data processing, data was processed using the
Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) with AMOS software.
It was further found, that: the influence of member’s programs, member’s
participation and member’s to Cooperative’s business linkages simultaneously
through the member’s business innovation, was 93.8%, while the remaining 6.2% came
from other variables not studied. The member’s business innovation, apart from being
an independent variable, was also an intervening variable. The influence of member’s
programs, member’s participation and member’s to cooperative’s business linkages
of, simultaneously towards member’s business innovation reached 71.9%.
By way of verificative methods, it was found that: the influence of member’s
programs on their performance was 72.8%, that is the largest partial influencer
compared to member’s participation and member’s to cooperative’s business linkages.
The influence of member’s business innovation on cooperative member’s performance
partially reached 2.4%. This was due to members business innovation covered only
product innovation (milk based processed foods) and dairy farm management
innovation adoption only, while other innovations such as process innovation, dairy
products and marketing innovation were primarily done by the cooperative as an
institution. Nevertheless, although the influence of member’s business innovation was
small, it still had a significant and positive influence on cooperative member’s
ii
performance, which shows that the better the member’s business innovation, the more
optimal the cooperative member’s performance would be.
Keywords: member’s program, member’s participation, member’s to cooperative’s
business linkage , member’s business innovation, and cooperative member’s
performance